CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks
AIDA64 Engineer Edition Mixed CPU/FPU Tests
SPECwpc v2.0 Mixed Tests
AIDA64 Engineer Edition Memory Bandwidth
AIDA64 Engineer Edition Memory Latency
TYAN's S7076 paired with two 14 core/28 threaded Xeons produces excellent multithreaded results in benchmarks such as CINEBENCH and in many of the AIDA64EE and SPECwpc tests where multithreaded performance is valued. However, in some tests where multithreaded capabilities are not significant and where CPU frequency plays a role, we see a that the dual socket Xeon server might not be so much faster than the single socket X99 motherboard. The X99 system has a 5960X that uses the same Haswell microarchitecture as the Xeons but has fewer cores and threads.
The advantage of the 5960X is that it runs almost a 1GHz higher in base speed, and we can see in some of the SPECwpc tests it does very close to the dual Xeon machine and even beats it in one test. Handbrake is interesting because I wasn't able to find a way to get the program to utilize all 56 threads, it would only work on one physical CPU (node) at a time. Add in the faster clock of the 5960X, and even though its 28 threads versus 16 threads, the extra boost in CPU frequency helps close the gap.
Memory bandwidth is much higher on the dual Xeon system, but that is to be expected considering there are two CPUs in quad channel versus a single in quad channel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series