The S7076 has a simple block diagram; the board is designed to provide a healthy assortment of storage options and expandability while maintaining the minimum in networking.
Each CPU has the same VRM. Each of those VRMs consists of a mixture of solid polymer and tantalum-based capacitors, six 76A CooperBussmann 1007R3-R15 power inductors, 6x International Rectifier 50A integrated power stages and a 6-phase International Rectifier IR3566 digital PWM. A few consumer motherboards meant for overclocking carry close to the same components used here, except when you overclock an 8-core consumer processor it can pull over 300W, here each CPU will not even pull over 250W because you cannot overclock these CPUs on this board. These VRMs are being used to optimize heat and provide constant enterprise grade power to the CPU.
The previous image also displayed some parts of the DRAM VRMs, and on this motherboard, the DRAM VRMs are a bit different although they use the same power stage and filter components like the CPU VRMs. CPU0's two sets of four DIMMs are fuelled by a single 3-phase VRM controlled by an IR3570. CPU1's two sets of four DIMMs each gets a 2-phase VRM and each is controlled by an IR3570.
One of the features of DDR4 is its lower power consumption; this is partially due to the introduction of the VPP rail, which is usually around 2.5v. Other rails such as power for the PCH, a CPU IO rail, and other IOs are powered by 6A high integrated buck converters also from International Rectifier. Two of them are pictured above, and there are many others scattered around the motherboard.
For networking support, Intel's NHi350AM2 is provided 4x PCI-E 3.0 and outputs two 1Gbit NICs. One of these is connected to the BMC controller for IPMI.
TYAN is using the ASPEED AST2400 as its server management processor. It utilizes an ARM9 processor, has its own Samsung DDR3 and dedicated voltage regulator and flash storage. This management processor not only provides BMC (baseboard management controller) features but also provides the display capabilities (up to 1920x1200) on the back, so there is no need for an additional GPU. When it comes to remote management this controller is well equipped, providing voice over IP, USB over IP, storage over IP, and even remote platform flashing. For iKVM, it provides 24-bit video compression over a 10/100Mbps MAC, and through a TYAN Java application can allow for video recording.
The Intel C612 chipset is part of the Wellsburg family (same as X99) and has a TDP of 7W with a multitude of PCI-E 2.0 connectivity. It supports RSTe 4.0 with multiple RAID modes and has a decent number of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
An ICS 9ZX21901BKLF clock buffer and some bus switches are located on the backside of the motherboard. On the topside are many more voltage translators, gates, and buffers used to connect the different controllers and provide an extra level of protection and features. The BIOS ROM used on this board is a 128Mbit (16MB) ROM from Winbond, which can be replaced in case of corruption.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega Red Dragon: triple-fan custom card
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- Cyberpunk 2077 will tap next-gen console power
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit