CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Keyboard
The QuickFire XTi uses a sleek design with just a bit of frame around the keys, but the top section of the frame also carries over the side and connects to the lower section very near the bottom. Looking at the key caps, we can see they are angled away from the user as it sits like this.
There are a few changes for secondary key functions in the main section of this keyboard, but, for the most part, the font used and the look of this design screams Cooler Master.
Moving right into the secondary functions, we are looking at the first group now. Here you can set the blue LED from off through five levels of brightness with F1, and F2 does the same thing but for a red light. These can also be mixed with various shades of purple. F3 allows you to swap through the LED effects and modes, and F4 offers us Windows lockout functionality.
The next group is very simple to understand. For games that require fast repeated clicks, you can address this in the F5 through F8 section of keys. 1X of course for one press of a key with one press of a key, and at the other end 8X will quickly press that key eight times to every one stroke on the keyboard.
Without a software suite, F9 starts Macro recording on-the-fly, and the F10 key allows you to delete the Macro and start over. F11 offers the ability to repeat the macro once after the key press, and F12 is so that the Macro will spam infinitely as long as the key is held.
The right third of the keyboard also has quite a bit going on as well. There are arrows on the number pad as well as other commands. Then looking at the top row, we find four profile buttons to keep track of the Macros.
Speaking of command keys, at the top of the right side, the secondary functions continue. There is a repeat macro, LED play, and record LED backlight options across the top. Below that we run into the typical multi-media keys.
Making it now to the right side of the QuickFire XTi, now with the legs extended, we see that the usage angle increases to a more ergonomic angle of attack. Also on both sides are notches at the bottom, which as you will see, allows the wiring to run through them if needed.
The underside of the keyboard offers a few things. There are small rubber pads near the corners for grip, there is a Cooler Master logo in the center, and wire management trails that run either straight out the back or to either side of the keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $120 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £108 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [CM Storm QuickFire XTi Mechanical Keyboard]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit