Inside the F12C
After spinning both screws, you carefully get a fingernail under the panel and remove it to expose this. Upon first glance, we find a completely open interior design, but for now we will address the bars across the top. These are added in to allow users to install fans at the top of the chassis, and they can even support dual radiator AIO units without too much fuss.
Looking in at the right side of the F12C, we see the room at the far end for a PSU of any length. We see that the motherboard area is set up for Mini-ITX out of the box, and we also get our first look at the brackets covering the opening to the right that can be used to mount many things.
Deep down inside the F12C, behind the IR panel that can be seen from the front, we find a pair of standoffs and screws. You will need to purchase a device for this option of an HTPC if you desire to control it remotely.
At the other end of the chassis, we find a tiny PCB behind the power button and LED. Since this chassis offers no front I/O support, the wiring is just down to the switch and LED to connect to the motherboard.
The length of these cables is of no concern as they loop around two sides of the chassis and are plenty long enough in any situation. We also like that they sleeved them black so that they blend right into the chassis interior.
Looking into the next corner in the rotation, we run into four more of the universal mounts blocking this opening as well. Notice the steel clips at the top, though. These curve with the top corner of the chassis and are what locks the mounts to the sides of the chassis.
Our last of the tour along the inside of the panels brings us full circle to the seven solid expansion slot covers. They are held in place with Phillips screws, and you can also see the pair above the slots that allows the removal of the external cover to access the expansion slot screws.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Streacom F12C HTPC Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the F12C]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series