Inside the F12C
After spinning both screws, you carefully get a fingernail under the panel and remove it to expose this. Upon first glance, we find a completely open interior design, but for now we will address the bars across the top. These are added in to allow users to install fans at the top of the chassis, and they can even support dual radiator AIO units without too much fuss.
Looking in at the right side of the F12C, we see the room at the far end for a PSU of any length. We see that the motherboard area is set up for Mini-ITX out of the box, and we also get our first look at the brackets covering the opening to the right that can be used to mount many things.
Deep down inside the F12C, behind the IR panel that can be seen from the front, we find a pair of standoffs and screws. You will need to purchase a device for this option of an HTPC if you desire to control it remotely.
At the other end of the chassis, we find a tiny PCB behind the power button and LED. Since this chassis offers no front I/O support, the wiring is just down to the switch and LED to connect to the motherboard.
The length of these cables is of no concern as they loop around two sides of the chassis and are plenty long enough in any situation. We also like that they sleeved them black so that they blend right into the chassis interior.
Looking into the next corner in the rotation, we run into four more of the universal mounts blocking this opening as well. Notice the steel clips at the top, though. These curve with the top corner of the chassis and are what locks the mounts to the sides of the chassis.
Our last of the tour along the inside of the panels brings us full circle to the seven solid expansion slot covers. They are held in place with Phillips screws, and you can also see the pair above the slots that allows the removal of the external cover to access the expansion slot screws.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Streacom F12C HTPC Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the F12C]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced