Cumbersome On-Screen Display
I had the same headline for my review on the Acer XR341CK display, saying that it had a 'cumbersome on-screen display,' with the same being said here on the Predator X34. The on-screen display is just not that great to navigate. It's not the worst - I have a ViewSonic display here that has a worse display, review coming after this one - but it's not the best.
Let's run through the menu quick, as things haven't really changed from the Acer XR341CK.
Pressing the first of six buttons will display the menu you see above, starting with the 'Game Mode' option that you can see here as 'G'.
Going into the Settings (fourth icon down with the spanner) you're provided with a bunch of different options. You can change the display input here from DisplayPort to HDMI, DTS sound on/off, the Overdrive mode, the Ambient light (there's some LEDs under the screen), the Wide Mode, Over Clock (this is where you can drive it up to 100Hz), Deep Sleep, Reset, and Power-off USB charge that will charge your USB devices while the monitor is sleeping.
In the Over Clock menu, you can enable it and then apply a max refresh rate of between 75Hz and 100Hz. We drove our sample right up to 100Hz right away, and left it there - sublime.
You'll need to apply and reboot the display, and then go to your NVIDIA display panel and manually select 100Hz in the drop down menu, too.
The OSD can be played around with, where you can enable the refresh rate number (60, 75, 100Hz) to be displayed on the screen at all times.
The ambient light can be fixed on, and you can change the color too - it's not something I would buy the monitor for, but it's a nice addition to an already kick ass gaming display.
The money shot - 3440x1440 @ 100Hz with NVIDIA's G-Sync technology enabled. Nerd boner enabled.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
- Page 4 [On-Screen Display]
- Page 5 [Everyday Use & Gaming]
- Page 6 [Viewing Angles & Glare]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit