As with any other keyboard to come from Tt eSPORTS with the Poseidon name attached to it, we again find no reason to fault the design, usability, the component choices, or the vast range of things that the software brings forth. The Poseidon Z RGB has lived up to the hype that surrounds it. Seeing every product in the line had us thinking at first that this could easily be a rehash with some fancy lighting as we addressed way back at the start of this review. The reality is, however, that it is so much more than just pretty lights or fancy modes; this is the most feature rich design of them all in our opinion. Somehow, some way, they team over at Tt eSPORTS can keep raising the bar.
While we typically gravitate towards blue or green switches for day to day use, we will admit the lack of noise that the Kailh brown switches offers were pleasing. 6-key rollover on all the time will keep most users happy, and always on anti-ghosting is a big help for gamers, when holding keys in combat in lesser boards means you may miss other keystrokes, but not here. There is one minor issue with the NKRO support, though. While it functions perfectly and works exactly as intended, at the same time, any time we made an adjustment in the software and saved our changes, NKRO support would be turned off every time. Not a huge issue, in the long run, but it did get frustrating while we were learning the software and changing and finalizing our customizations. Once set, though, it is unlikely to bother users since you will no longer be in the software near as much.
Consider us impressed. The Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB not only brings out the ultimate in LED control thus far, but Tt eSPORTS is also able to take an original concept, and add in optional controls across the keyboard, without having to take the design to gaudy levels adding inside keys or making the keyboard have to be shaped oddly. The one thing that remains to sweeten this already smoking hot, feature filled design is that you can acquire this mechanical keyboard currently for under $100. The spectrum of keyboard prices we have seen in the past, while cool at the time, they pale in comparison to what this very affordable Poseidon Z RGB delivers, and at half the cost of many others.
Chad's Peripherals Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS X99-E WS - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- CPU: Intel Core i7 5930K - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: KLevv Cras DDR4 3000 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage: Intel 730 480GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: SilverStone TJ11 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Buy from Amazon
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||96%|
|Bundle and Packaging||93%|
|Value for Money||100%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||97%|
The Bottom Line: Tt eSPORTS has delivered the most impressive Poseidon Z to be tested. This RGB version is a solid keyboard on its own, but with everything else it offers, and the price where it is, you would be silly to pass this one by.
PRICING: You can find the Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Tt eSPORTS Poseidon Z RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £109 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.