EKWB Predator 240 CPU Liquid Cooler
In this instance, we do not find a head unit, but rather the EK Supremacy MX CPU water block. This block offers a black metal top over a clear top, and sports a brushed metal EK logo in the corner. Attaching the tubing to it is one of the pairs of compression fittings.
The side of the block offers the Supremacy MX naming, and we see right away that things are set up for Intel sockets. You may also notice that the ends of the screws are bent; we were able to straighten them, but we feel if the back plate were screwed on further this would not have occurred.
In the same way we have received all other EKWB products, this CPU water block also offers the paper sticker that protects the base from any oxidation. The way the packaging is, nothing should ever touch this, and so extreme measures of protection are not needed.
The base of the Supremacy MX is smooth as glass and polished to a mirror-like shine. The contact area is slightly convex, and the further out to the edges you go, the more angle you will find with this block.
The box explains that we should have 400mm of tubing between the pump and the water block. Extending the tape measure, we indeed found near 15.75" of tubing running between them.
One of the tubes, the one behind this one, connects to the radiator for the coolant to get back to the block. On this side, the connection is made to the DDC3.1 pump, both using the second pair of compression fittings.
The radiator in the Predator 240 is a 240mm radiator cooled by two Vadar fans, installed to pull air through this high FPI radiator design. We also find a fill port in the extended bit of radiator to the right to help ease refilling the loop if you plan to add components in.
The other end of the radiator offers a second fill port option at the end of the radiator. Right next to the fan is a power board that powers this kit. As of now, we see a pair of fans connected to it, an empty fan header, and the lead supplying the pump power to the right.
PRICING: You can find the EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for £169 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EKWB Predator 240 CPU Liquid Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM