EKWB Predator 240 CPU Liquid Cooler
In this instance, we do not find a head unit, but rather the EK Supremacy MX CPU water block. This block offers a black metal top over a clear top, and sports a brushed metal EK logo in the corner. Attaching the tubing to it is one of the pairs of compression fittings.
The side of the block offers the Supremacy MX naming, and we see right away that things are set up for Intel sockets. You may also notice that the ends of the screws are bent; we were able to straighten them, but we feel if the back plate were screwed on further this would not have occurred.
In the same way we have received all other EKWB products, this CPU water block also offers the paper sticker that protects the base from any oxidation. The way the packaging is, nothing should ever touch this, and so extreme measures of protection are not needed.
The base of the Supremacy MX is smooth as glass and polished to a mirror-like shine. The contact area is slightly convex, and the further out to the edges you go, the more angle you will find with this block.
The box explains that we should have 400mm of tubing between the pump and the water block. Extending the tape measure, we indeed found near 15.75" of tubing running between them.
One of the tubes, the one behind this one, connects to the radiator for the coolant to get back to the block. On this side, the connection is made to the DDC3.1 pump, both using the second pair of compression fittings.
The radiator in the Predator 240 is a 240mm radiator cooled by two Vadar fans, installed to pull air through this high FPI radiator design. We also find a fill port in the extended bit of radiator to the right to help ease refilling the loop if you plan to add components in.
The other end of the radiator offers a second fill port option at the end of the radiator. Right next to the fan is a power board that powers this kit. As of now, we see a pair of fans connected to it, an empty fan header, and the lead supplying the pump power to the right.
PRICING: You can find the EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for $200 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EKWB Predator 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler retails for £169 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [EKWB Predator 240 CPU Liquid Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- GA-B85M-D3PH Modded Bios set VCore above 1.2
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit