File Transfer Speeds
In our file transfer test, we use a single 4GB ISO file and transfer it from test system one to our second test system via the network. To eliminate any bottlenecks, each system is utilizing a Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD.
Here we have the results from our file transfer testing with the AC15. As you can see, in dark green on our charts, the Tenda unit was able to bring through 111 MB/s via LAN while 80MHz on the 5GHz band brought through 73 MB/s. Finishing out our testing, we reached 39 MB/s at 5GHz 40 MHz and 19 MB/s with 5GHz 20 MHz. 2.4GHz results came in at 30 MB/s and 17 MB/s, respectfully.
My first impression of the Tenda AC15, if I'm honest, wasn't very good. I'm typically not a fan of high gloss plastics just because they never stay that way. They tend to attract dust and dirt and scratches, and there is no way to stop it. With this being the first product I have tested from Tenda, I wasn't sure what to expect.
So after the last month plus of testing and going over the AC15, I can say that I'm happy with the device. It's not the best I have tested, but it does have good build quality. The aesthetics are going to depend on your own personal taste, for me it's not my cup of tea.
On the performance side of things, I was happy with how well the AC15 did. In our LAN to LAN testing, it was able to keep up with similar solutions reaching 932 Mbps while the WAN to LAN testing came in equally good at 916 Mbps. Switching our attention over to wireless throughput testing, we find the Tenda was able to reach a peak of 145 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band while 5GHz reached a peak of 388 Mbps. File transfer performance as we saw was on par with previously tested solutions coming in at 111 MB/s on LAN transfers. Wireless transfers peaked at 74 MB/s with 80MHz 5GHz band.
The user interface for those that find this to be an important feature is clean and straight forward. All the menu items are listed on the left of your screen making navigation simple. The number of options in the GUI go above and beyond my expectations and include things like VPN, IPTV, and QoS. Additionally, we have all the standard options allowing you to configure your wireless bands and passwords including guest networks, where I found my only issue with the router, guest networks do not work, at all even with the latest firmware.
With that said, if you are one that don't mind a glossy exterior and guest networks not working, something I hope Tenda can fix, this router is a solid entry into the 802.11ac market and a great way for AC wireless to become a standard in many homes.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||80%|
|Bundle and Packaging||80%|
|Value for Money||92%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||84%|
The Bottom Line: With its strong price point, the Tenda AC15 is a solid entry-level solution for consumers that don't have the spare cash for high-end solutions.
PRICING: You can find the Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router retails for $84 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup & Router Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - File Transfer Test & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution