While EPoX hasn't gone with fancy color schemes, they do have a good deal of experience in motherboard manufacturing and it shows. The layout of peripheral connections and power couplings are easy to work with and offer a minimum of fuss when getting your system set up.
In case you've jumped straight to this page I'll go ahead and mention again that this is a Socket939 motherboard. The socket uses a standard ZIFF style locking mechanism and comes with the mounting bracket as well as the extra support bracket underneath the board. This isn't always a factor, but is a necessary consideration for those looking into alternative cooling methods.
There are a few MOSFETS and capacitors in the immediate vicinity of the socket but I had no problems with coolers. Even when using a Thermaltake POLO735 cooler I had plenty of room with no issues of mounting.
Just to the north of the socket you'll find the memory slots. Since we're talking Athlon-64 in Socket939 packaging, we're talking dual channel memory support. To enable this feature, simply install your two matching RAM modules in the same colored slots and you're set. Nothing easier.
Since we're looking at an nForce3 board, we're talking AGP graphics. The 9NDA3+ has a single AGP port and five PCI ports. Considering that nearly everything is built into this particular board you should find yourself with a huge amount of upgradability and expansion possibilities. You will find no little risers that you'll never use, just standard slots that let you go wild with peripherals.
If you happen to have a VIA based motherboard you will have both a Northbridge and a Southbridge chipset installed on the board. The folks at nVidia, however, have managed to consolidate these two components so you only have a single chipset onboard.
Since it is doing double duty, heat can sometimes be an issue. To handle this concept, active cooling has been included to make sure things run nice and smooth. The cooler in place is a low profile type so won't be a problem for those long PCI cards. It doesn't rise above the level of the port so you should have no problems at all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 1 [Introduction]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 2 [Specifications]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 3 [In The Box]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 4 [The Motherboard]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 5 [The Motherboard Continued]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & SiSoft Sandra]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001 SE]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 04]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 10 [Benchmarks - HD Performance]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 11 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH 2003]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 12 [Benchmarks - AquaMark 3]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake III]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2004]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- EPoX 9NDA3+ - Page 16 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- First 2 hours of Kojima's Death Stranding confirmed complete
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available