Installation and Finished Product
The studs have a side removed to allow them to lock against a raised bit of the backplate so they will not spin when we flip this over. The use of plastic for the plate also means there is no need for isolation materials as it does that already.
At this point, we slid on the black plastic spacers, lined up the brackets on either side and secured it all with the nuts with a spring until they ran out of threads. The hardware at this point is already rock solid.
While some may consider it a pain to have to remove the fans from the cooler to install it, with the plastic clips used, taking the fans off and replacing them is simple. When it came to tightening this nut, we alternated sides a few turns until we again ran out of threads.
From this angle, both versions of the cooler take up the same amount of room. The cooler is narrow at only 120mm in width, and not only allows room for the top PCI-e slot, but it also leaves room to connect the fans and get to the 8-pin EPS plug.
As all of the publications on site as well as on the box described to us, the ETS-T40fit coolers do indeed stay clear of the memory, allowing all slots to be populated.
One thing you will have to deal with is a lot of fan cabling to hide. The black version offers black sleeve on it, so it blends a bit better. While we like fans with longer leads, when they are white like these, bundling them is not an option.
We chose to finish with the ETS-T40F-W in the test rig as it pops against all of the red and black, whereas you would hardly distinguish the black version in this system. Even opting to use two fans, though, there is still plenty of room to access screws, slots, and RAM with the cooler still mounted in place.
We also wanted to show these coolers off with their LED lighting displayed. The soft white glow of the ETS-T40F-W is hard to beat. The extra lighting helps to brighten things up, and we dig how it shows of the Enermax cut out of the fan frames.
The ETS-T40F-BK, however, displays a whole different look. When powered, twelve blue LEDs come on. This, combined with the blue translucent fins, allows this fan to display bright blue curves across the fins. Also an attractive look, but we still prefer the look of the white one.
PRICING: You can find the Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Cooler retails for $46 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax ETS-T40F-BK & ETS-T40F-W CPU Coolers]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- Nimbus Data launches 100TB SSD, servers house 100PB easily
- Microsoft looks to the future with DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
- Coca-Cola, US gov use blockchain to enforce worker rights
- TSMC feels the cryptomining mining chip crunch
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit