For our media encoding testing we used three separate programs to turn a standard MPEG-2 DVD quality into different encodes. We used Mainconcept as its design supports SMP, XMPEG as it has the latest support for SSE3 as well as Windows Media Encoder to convert to the new WMV format that Microsoft it trying to endorse.
Less is better.
- Mainconcept MPEG Encoder
Mainconcept shows the Dual CPU platform is able to take some extra time off with the addition of the extra CPU.
With both Dual CPU and twice the SSE3 going the Dual Xeon begins to show its true colours.
- Windows Media Encoder 9
Again the extra CPU power begins to shine. Here we can see that the AMD Athlon 64 core also is not one for high-end data transfers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 2 [The Xeon History]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 3 [The Processors]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 4 [ASUS NCL-DS Server Motherboard]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Systems]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3D Studio Max v6]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Encoding]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit