ScienceMark 2.0 is a mathematical program designed to stress the memory subsystems of both desktop/workstation and server environments to determine the read/write latency as well as the overall memory bandwidth available between the CPU and the memory controller.
- Access Latency
The first of the ScienceMark tests is the access latency - less is better.
Here we can see that the despite the single channel memory controller on the AMD Athlon 64 3200+, it is able to totally outperform the Intel counterparts. You can put this down to the AMD Athlon 64 having its DDR memory controller on the CPU.
- Memory Bandwidth
Now we come to the memory bandwidth side of things, this is just like the Sandra memory benchmark - higher scores are better.
Here we can see that the Dual Xeon system is slightly more powerful then the single CPU layouts. This is due to the extra processor being able to access some of the extra memory bandwidth that the single CPU systems let go to waste.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 2 [The Xeon History]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 3 [The Processors]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 4 [ASUS NCL-DS Server Motherboard]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Systems]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3D Studio Max v6]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Encoding]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit