Intel Xeon 3GHz
First off we'll start with the heart of the new Intel 64bit world, the Intel Xeon with EM64T. Once only avalible in tray or OEM form, Intel has changed the way even their server processors are now sold. Xeon's now come fully boxed with their very own coolers. There are actually three different versions of the same CPU - one with a active cooled heatsink and fan, one with a 1U heatsink and fan and one with a 2U heatsink and fan.
The units we were kindly supplied by ASUS were standard Xeon 3GHz EM64T with Active cooled heatsinks which are designed to go into larger server cases with more air flow. The CPU is packed the same as desktop CPU's with the CPU itself encased in a protective plastic mould with the heatsink and fan separate as well as user documentation - in all honesty it's just like getting a Pentium 4 CPU off the shelf, only a lot more costly.
After unpacking the CPU you get to know you aren't dealing with just a normal Pentium 4 CPU here. The CPU itself is as big in actual size as the LGA775 series CPU, leading us to believe they are based on the same layout inside. The heatspreader on is, however, the original one used on the Pentium 4 478 based CPU and earlier versions of the Xeon, so nothing has changed here.
The bottom is also somewhat different. Normally we are use to CPU's that are more square in design, the Xeon on the bottom is actually more of a rectangle shape to the pin layout, somewhat reminisant of the Pentium Pro CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 2 [The Xeon History]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 3 [The Processors]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 4 [ASUS NCL-DS Server Motherboard]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Systems]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 6 [Benchmarks - ScienceMark 2.0]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3D Studio Max v6]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Encoding]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Synthetics]
- Xeon 3GHz Noccona and ASUS - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit