OLED TVs are the Future: It's plain and simple: OLED is the future. The quality is incredible, the TVs are much thinner and lighter, and well - the entire experience is completely unmatched.
Unmatchable Quality: Nothing compares, period. My old 55-inch 1080p flat LCD is nothing compared to this.
True Blacks: I have to say the black levels that OLEDs make possible, is the star here. I've seen many 4K displays and TVs, but I've never laid my eyes on an OLED TV for this long before. Movies like Interstellar and Gravity, to John Wick, Man of Steel and many more - the blacks, are black. They are as close as you're going to get, with the black levels on LG's best TV to date blowing me away.
Upscaled Content Still Looks Amazing: Most people that buy a 4K TV have to worry about upscaling their 720p and 1080p content, but the LG 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV does it beautifully. I even watched Jumanji (released in 1996) through Netflix, and it looks great considering the age of the movie.
Far Better than LCD for Gaming: After a few hours of playing Battlefield 4 and NBA 2K6, I need more time for gaming on this TV - so expect a follow-up piece. But, gaming is awesome on this screen. The input lag is impressively low, so at a distance you can get into gaming on LG's 4K OLED TV.
4K Content Looks Unbelievable: This is what it was made for, and holy balls does it deliver. Native 4K content looks absolutely retina-bustingly beautiful. Every corner pops, and every line shimmers. It's completely awe-inspiring.
Not Enough 4K Content: This isn't LG's fault, but I would love to see more 4K content out there. 4K Blu-ray is right around the corner, so once that happens you can be sure we'll be revisiting our review on the LG 65-inch 4K curved OLED TV.
From start to finish, the LG 65EG9600 is an amazing piece of technology. For a shave under $5000, you're getting a huge 65-inch 4K curved OLED. It's a huge premium over the likes of Vizio, Sony, and Samsung that offer 65-inch 4K LED TVs on Amazon for less than $2000, but the premium, in my opinion, is worth it.
If you want to buy a TV that's going to last for a few years being at the top of its game, the LG 65EG9600 is what you want. If you want a TV that's going to blow you away each time you turn it on, the LG 65EG9600 is what you need. If you want to have a TV that is head and shoulders above the rest, well... the LG 65EG9600 is what you want.
I thought that the LG 65EG9600 would excel at 4K content, but even 720p and 1080p content looked great. Even the lower bit-rate content on Netflix at 720p looked better than normal, with it looking better than my 55-inch 1080p flat LED TV from Samsung.
But, this is the type of TV that cannot be fully explained through a review, or through a video. If you have a store near you that has the LG 65EG9600 on display, you simply need to see it in person. It will convince you on the spot - it's that good.
There's just so much here... the black levels, the clarity, the beautifully curved screen, OLED technology, the brightness, the insane contrast and beautiful better-than-real-life colors, super low input lag, and so much more. I don't know where I'd improve on this at all. LG has crafted the best TV I've ever seen; that's for sure.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (display quality/resolution)||100%|
|Quality (build/matte or gloss finish)||100%|
|General Features (outputs, ports)||95%|
|Bundle and Packaging||95%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||97%|
The Bottom Line: Seriously. This is the best TV on the market. It is hard to beat what LG has here with the 65-inch curved 4K OLED TV. It's unbelievable. A tour de force of TV technology, and worth every single penny.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit