For a $5000 TV, you'd expect a slick box and a securely packed TV, right? Of course. LG delivers here, but the box for the 4K curved OLED changes depending on your market. Here in Australia, we have a plain box compared to the more colorful box in other markets like the US.
The front of the box in the bottom right we can see the model number, and top right we can see that it has speakers from Hardon Kardon.
On top of the TV are some instructions on how to get it out - because it's big, you're going to want to pay close attention to this.
Inside, you'll find just the TV (with a connected power cable), a bunch of Styrofoam, and an accessory box. Inside of the accessory box, you'll find 3D glasses, the remote, and some auxiliary cables.
One massive omission is that LG didn't include an HDMI cable in the box. Surely for $5000, you could include a $20 cable.
Detailed Look & Setup
Here's the front of the TV, setup on my drawers in my bedroom. It's huge, and I love it. Bonus points if you can guess what that little black box in the corner is.
I have the TV setup in my bedroom for now, with this angle taken from the right. You can clearly see the curve, which is very noticeable from the side, but not so much when you're sitting in front of it.
Input wise, we have 3 x HDMI 2.0 ports (4K capable of course), 2 x USB 2.0 ports, and 1 x USB 3.0. Finally, you can see a 3.5mm auxiliary port for your headphones or speakers.
The stand that the TV comes with is super sturdy, where I've placed it on a desk in my office and onto the chest of drawers in my bedroom without a problem.
Here's the stand, with the four metal mounts including two screw holes each.
The metal mounts go into the back of the TV, with two screws per mount, as you can see here.
Here's what the back of your TV should look like once you've got the stand mounted correctly.
Once the TV is setup, you can begin playing around with the options.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- Intel's new Xeon W-3175X: 28C/56T could cost up to $4000
- 3DMark's ray tracing benchmark: RTX 2080 Ti scores 51FPS
- It costs $600 to unlock everything in Red Dead Online
- light is flashing slow
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- ASRock z390 Taichi v1.80 BIOS SSD issues
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire