For a $5000 TV, you'd expect a slick box and a securely packed TV, right? Of course. LG delivers here, but the box for the 4K curved OLED changes depending on your market. Here in Australia, we have a plain box compared to the more colorful box in other markets like the US.
The front of the box in the bottom right we can see the model number, and top right we can see that it has speakers from Hardon Kardon.
On top of the TV are some instructions on how to get it out - because it's big, you're going to want to pay close attention to this.
Inside, you'll find just the TV (with a connected power cable), a bunch of Styrofoam, and an accessory box. Inside of the accessory box, you'll find 3D glasses, the remote, and some auxiliary cables.
One massive omission is that LG didn't include an HDMI cable in the box. Surely for $5000, you could include a $20 cable.
Detailed Look & Setup
Here's the front of the TV, setup on my drawers in my bedroom. It's huge, and I love it. Bonus points if you can guess what that little black box in the corner is.
I have the TV setup in my bedroom for now, with this angle taken from the right. You can clearly see the curve, which is very noticeable from the side, but not so much when you're sitting in front of it.
Input wise, we have 3 x HDMI 2.0 ports (4K capable of course), 2 x USB 2.0 ports, and 1 x USB 3.0. Finally, you can see a 3.5mm auxiliary port for your headphones or speakers.
The stand that the TV comes with is super sturdy, where I've placed it on a desk in my office and onto the chest of drawers in my bedroom without a problem.
Here's the stand, with the four metal mounts including two screw holes each.
The metal mounts go into the back of the TV, with two screws per mount, as you can see here.
Here's what the back of your TV should look like once you've got the stand mounted correctly.
Once the TV is setup, you can begin playing around with the options.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard