What is OLED?
There is a big difference between LED and OLED TVs, with the older LED TVs just being LCD TVs with an LED backlight. Where LCD TVs may have 3840x2160 pixels, there are just a couple of LED backlights lighting up the screen. OLED technology sees each pixel lighting up independently of the other OLED pixels.
This technology provides unparalleled quality and most of all: the deepest levels of black. Deeper blacks allow for higher contrast and much richer color, providing a picture that is pretty much unbeatable. LG markets their OLED TV towards the pixels switching off completely, achieving a "perfect black for infinite contrast", and we agree. Once you see this in person, you'll be in love.
The colors are just as amazing, thanks to the OLED technology LG has used here.
The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K
There is a huge increase in pixels when you jump from 1080p to 4K, with 4K offering a staggering 8.3 million pixels compared to just 2 million of 1080p.
You might not think about it much, but when you're sitting in front of a 65-inch curved 4K OLED, those pixels make all of the difference.
PRICING: You can find the LG Electronics 65EG9600 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Curved Smart OLED TV (2015 Model) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [What is OLED & The Big Jump from 1080p to 4K]
- Page 3 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series