Version and / or Patch Used: 2.47
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at 563/541 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume 75% full. Sequential performance is much better than Zotac's specifications.
The HyperX Savage edges the Zotac Premium for the best sequential performance.
The Zotac Premium outperforms all the drives in our test pool at transfer sizes of 4KB - 128KB. This is our first indication that the Zotac Premium may have better read performance than the HyperX Savage. If so, this would seem to indicate that the Zotac Premium may be benefiting from the minor firmware revision we noticed.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSD's. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4k QD16.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. The Zotac Premium is delivering superior read performance in comparison to the HyperX Savage. What we were hoping to see is happening, over 10K 4K QD1 read performance. The Samsung's still deliver better performance, but the gap is closing.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
We can clearly see that the Zotac Premium has far superior read performance to the HyperX Savage. At QD1-2, the Zotac Premium is performing equivalently to the Samsung drives. This may be a minor firmware revision, but it's making a notable difference in read performance.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Write performance of the Zotac Premium is a little lower than the HyperX Savage. Based on this result, we believe that firmware revision on the Zotac Premium is trading a little write performance for far better read performance.
PRICING: You can find the Zotac Premium Edition 240GB SATA III SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Zotac Premium Edition 240GB SATA III SSD retails for $80 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Zotac Premium Edition 240GB SATA III SSD retails for £87 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- EA's new AI has taught itself to play Battlefield 1
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit