In the first of three charts above, we take a look at our two drive RAID 0 performance with 4K and SMB workloads with queue depth up to 256. Peak results for 4K read and write came in around 1400 IOPS while Web Server came in at 1100 IOPS.
Adding two more drives random read and write jumped to 2900 IOPS write and 2700 IOPS read while Web Server, Workstation and File Server jumped up as well reaching 2100 IOPS, 1400 IOPS and 1200 IOPS, respectfully. Eight drives again increased performance as it should with random read reaching 5300 IOPS with write touching 5500 IOPS.
Moving on, we have RAID 5 reaching 2300 IOPS in random read while write hovered around 560 IOPS. Top workloads were Web Server at 1700 IOPS with Workstation in second at 780 IOPS. RAID 6 started off with 2300 IOPS random read with write touching 430 IOPS.
Workloads showed 1700 IOPS for Web Server once again while Workstation brought in 630 IOPS. RAID 10, on the other hand, was a bit more even with random read and write coming in at 1600 IOPS and 1100 IOPS, respectfully.
RAID 50 started things off with 5200 IOPS random read with write at 1400 IOPS. Web Server once again was the quickest workload at 4000 IOPS with Workstation not too far behind at 1700 IOPS.
Moving over to RAID 60 we touched 5300 IOPS random read with 1300 IOPS in random write. Web Server again was rather quick at 3900 IOPS while Workstation and File Server came in at 1500 and 1200 IOPS, respectfully.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rumor: Battlefield Bad Company 3 in development
- Analyst: Battlefront II in-game spend could break $100m
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series