RAID Performance with ATTO
To start off with our testing of the Areca 1883i, we loaded up the RAID card with eight Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 12 Gb/s SAS hard drives.
In the chart above, we have our results for RAID 0 starting with two drives all the way up to eight drives. Two drives were able to reach 425 MB/s read and 440 MB/s write. Moving to four drives, we peaked at 820 MB/s read and 850 MB/s write, and lastly eight drives topped out around 1700 MB/s read and 1800 MB/s write.
Swapping over to RAID 5 and 6 with both four and eight drives, we start with our results of the four drives RAID 5 array that ended up topping out at 600 MB/s read and 650 MB/s write. Adding four more drives allowed around 1400 MB/s read and 1400 MB/s write.
Moving over to RAID 6 results start with our four drive array at 400 MB/s read and 400 MB/s write again adding four more drives to our RAID 6 this array topped 1200 MB/s read and write.
Taking things to the next level with the 1883i, we built three more arrays for testing. These include a four drive RAID 10 along with an eight-drive RAID 50 and RAID 60 array.
Starting with the RAID 10 results came in at a touch under 600 MB/s read and a touch over 400 MB/s write. Over to RAID 50, results topped 1200 MB/s read and write, while our RAID 60 hovered around 800 MB/s read and 400 MB/s write.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced