Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the R2+ is rather sleek with an image of the DAS below and minimal marketing information above.
Cables included with the R2+ include a Thunderbolt cable, USB 3.0 cable and power cable. To the far left, we also have a second USB 3.0 cable for the included pod.
Taking a look at the Pegasus2, we have the power button on the left in the glossy area of the enclosure with the SD pod housed in the media bay. Each of the three bays is easily ejectable with their respective buttons to the right of the bay.
The rear of the enclosure is rather simple with a large cooling fan with the dual Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 ports to the right. At the bottom, we have the power input for the built-in power supply.
The drives being put to work in the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ are Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM solutions.
Above we take a closer look at the SD and Compact Flash pod.
As mentioned in the introduction, these pods include both a SATA interface and USB 3.0 connection for use in the Pegasus and standalone.
PRICING: You can find the Promise Pegasus2 R2+ Thunderbolt 2 RAID 6TB Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit