I used the Acer XR341CK for around two weeks as one of my workstation displays, working on it every day with various tasks. I used Windows 10, so the UI scaling was perfect at 3440x1440 on the display, and I also used a SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X video card to power it for my gaming. On the desktop side, I also used an NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X, too.
The Acer XR341CK sat side-by-side with my LG 34UC87 monitor, so I could go between the monitors for instant comparison at all times. This provided me with the best way to come into this review, as I could directly compare it with the LG model throughout my testing.
I write so much every day of the week, with the Acer XR341CK not faulting me whatsoever. The color reproduction is great, the white is not too bright, the text is beautifully clear and most of all; I can sit in front of it for hours and my eyes don't feel like they're straining.
The 3440x1440 resolution is perfect in my opinion, and far better than 4K on a 28-inch panel. The 75Hz refresh rate makes a big difference over 60Hz, and when it comes to games... well, FreeSync kicks ass on an UltraWide monitor.
Gaming on the Acer XR341CK with FreeSync
Acer is aiming the XR341CK at the enthusiast gaming market, with the larger price tag and hardware requirements of driving 3440x1440. We've been doing our video card reviews a little different lately, offering 3440x1440 results. The last one I reviewed was the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm at 3440x1440, which you can check out here.
As for gaming on the Acer XR341CK, it's glorious - absolutely, hands down beautiful. If you've got the GPU chops to game at 3440x1440 @ 75Hz, it's an experience that cannot be missed. I prefer gaming at 3440x1440 than I do with a 4K monitor, as the 21:9 aspect ratio adds to the immersion of the game.
The games that benefit the most from the UltraWide resolution are, for me at least, first-person shooters. I spent a considerable amount of time playing both Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront on the Acer XR341CK, where I didn't have a single complaint.
I enjoyed the increase from the 60Hz refresh rates on the previous LG monitors I've reviewed, with the Acer XR341CK feeling much smoother at 75Hz. Smoother again when you enable FreeSync, which lends a helping hand when those frame rates drop to just under 75FPS and hover between 60FPS and 70FPS.
I've got nothing but great things to say about the gaming side of things on the Acer XR341CK. If you're an AMD Radeon owner with something above an R9 290 (you could probably get away with an R9 380/380X if you dropped some details down) - this display should be at the top of your shopping list.
PRICING: You can find the Acer XR341CK 34-inch Curved UltraWide AMD FreeSync Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Quick Specs, and Availability & Price]
- Page 2 [Packaging & Detailed Look]
- Page 3 [Test System Configuration]
- Page 4 [On-Screen Display]
- Page 5 [Everyday Use & Gaming]
- Page 6 [Viewing Angles & Glare]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- Fortnite mobile makes $1 million in-app purchases in 3 days
- Brigitte Lindholm shield bashes into Overwatch, now live
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit