C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis Continued
Supermicro uses the ASMedia ASM1142 for the single USB 3.1 Type-C connector on the backpanel IO. The C7Z170-SQ has a single Gbit NIC powered by Intel's WGI219V, which is the PHY for the integrated Gbit MAC in the PCH.
The Realtek ALC1150 is being used for the audio and is separated from the rest of the PCH through an isolated PCB. There is no amplifier that I can see, but audio should be high quality regardless. The back-side LEDs are directed towards the edge of the motherboard, and they are quite bright which some modders and enthusiasts might appreciate.
A 128Mbit (16MB) Winbond BIOS ROM sits in a socket so that you can pop it out and replace the BIOS if something happens to it. An ASM1442K is a level shifter used for the HDMI output on the backpanel IO.
Six ASMedia ASM1480s are PCI-E 3.0 quick switches which move 8x of PCI-E between three PCI-E slots for multi-slot operation. This is Intel's standard CPU PCI-E allotment. A nuvoTon NCT6792D is the main SuperIO on the motherboard. It helps with fan control, voltage monitoring, and other system features.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $224 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £262 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-SQ Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Smash Bros cancer patient thanks community for Ultimate demo
- Free Absolver expansion released 'Downfall' packs content
- Red Dead Redemption 2 NPC system explained by Rockstar devs
- Anthem reaches 'alpha' development phase, demo on Feb 1st
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey receives EPIC launch trailer
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- IDTechEx Research Releases New Report on Drones 2018-2038: Components, Technologies, Roadmaps, Market Forecasts
- SOC Telemed Announces Partnership with Sound Physicians
- Star Sky 3, the final installment of the popular series just released today on Steam!
- Das Boot VR will release on Hologate this fall
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village is coming today to mobile!