Not too long ago Supermicro decided to break into the gaming motherboard segment. Supermicro is known for their high-performance server hardware, but for the past few generations they have launched a few consumer motherboards. With the Z170 and Skylake platform launch came a pretty strong message from Intel; let's focus on gamers.
Most, if not all, motherboard companies have taken this to heart, and now every brand is focusing on gaming more than ever before. Supermicro launched two OCE series boards for the Intel Z97 and X99 platforms aimed at bringing workstation class design to overclocking and gaming motherboards. However, the gaming factor wasn't as prevalent as they wanted - for Z170, they did things differently.
Supermicro rarely shows off their boards before they launch, but with Z170, things were a bit different. They showed off their motherboard privately a few months before launch and invited some to provide their opinions and any suggestions they might have. The final product is different than the previous products in that they did integrate a lot of the feedback. For starters, buttons are in places that are easier for users to access, they have implemented the latest features, and they have implemented a new uniform red color theme. I should also say that this isn't the only Z170 motherboard that Supermicro is going to be bringing to the market for Z170, there will be others. So far we have seen the motherboard on paper, but let's see how it does in person.
The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ has many of the latest features that users want including USB 3.1, 6x SATA6G, 32Gb/s M.2, Intel Gbit NIC, 6x USB 3.0 (two on the back four through two internal headers). The motherboard also supports CrossFireX, but not SLI.
The C7Z170-SQ is available from a lot of stores and ranges in price from 209.99 to 219.99 (as per Supermicro).
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $224 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £262 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-SQ Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series