Not too long ago Supermicro decided to break into the gaming motherboard segment. Supermicro is known for their high-performance server hardware, but for the past few generations they have launched a few consumer motherboards. With the Z170 and Skylake platform launch came a pretty strong message from Intel; let's focus on gamers.
Most, if not all, motherboard companies have taken this to heart, and now every brand is focusing on gaming more than ever before. Supermicro launched two OCE series boards for the Intel Z97 and X99 platforms aimed at bringing workstation class design to overclocking and gaming motherboards. However, the gaming factor wasn't as prevalent as they wanted - for Z170, they did things differently.
Supermicro rarely shows off their boards before they launch, but with Z170, things were a bit different. They showed off their motherboard privately a few months before launch and invited some to provide their opinions and any suggestions they might have. The final product is different than the previous products in that they did integrate a lot of the feedback. For starters, buttons are in places that are easier for users to access, they have implemented the latest features, and they have implemented a new uniform red color theme. I should also say that this isn't the only Z170 motherboard that Supermicro is going to be bringing to the market for Z170, there will be others. So far we have seen the motherboard on paper, but let's see how it does in person.
The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ has many of the latest features that users want including USB 3.1, 6x SATA6G, 32Gb/s M.2, Intel Gbit NIC, 6x USB 3.0 (two on the back four through two internal headers). The motherboard also supports CrossFireX, but not SLI.
The C7Z170-SQ is available from a lot of stores and ranges in price from 209.99 to 219.99 (as per Supermicro).
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for $224 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Supermicro C7Z170-SQ (Intel Z170) Motherboard retails for £262 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z170-SQ Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z170-SQ Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch