Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Circuit Analysis Continued
An ASMedia ASM1142 provides the two USB 3.1 Type-A ports. There are no type-C ports, so I didn't find a type-C USB switch chip. MSI is using the Intel i219v for the 1Gbit NIC.
An ASMedia ASM1061 SATA6Gb/s controller is used for extra SATA6Gb/s. Two Winbond 128Mbit (16MB) BIOS ROMs are used, and they get their own switch. MSI also has a USB stick recovery method for flashing either BIOS ROM if they both fail.
MSI's Realtek ALC1150 audio solution consists of nine Nippon Chemicon gold series electrolytic audio capacitors, two Texas Instruments/BurrBrown OP1652 audio amplifiers, and an isolated PCB section. There are 13 red LEDs on the back of the motherboard that illuminate the PCB divide.
I found a total of four ASMedia ASM1464 USB 3.0 re-drivers for the internal header and the top two USB 3.0 ports on the backpanel. There are many Pericom PCI-E 3.0 quick switches, the PI3PCIE3415. This single switch handles the topmost M.2 port's SATA/PCI-E bandwidth.
There are eight PCI-E quick switches on the left. Six are for the CPU's PCI-E lanes and two switch bandwidth from the bottommost PCI-E 16x lane and the three PCI-E 1x ports. A single remaining quick switch moves two PCI-E/SATA lanes from the SATA ports to the bottom M.2 slot.
A nuvoTon NCT6793D is the main SuperIO on the motherboard. It helps with fan control, voltage monitoring, and other system features like the PS/2 port on the IO panel. Two NXP level shifters provide the two HDMI ports on the IO panel.
There are two nuvoTon NCT5605Y on the motherboard. They act as separate embedded controllers providing extra overclocking features like the GAMING BOOST knob and extra fan control.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard retails for £233 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170A XPOWER GTE Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z170A XPOWER GTE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam