The debate over merging overclocking and gaming-centric motherboards into the same product has been ongoing ever since motherboard manufacturers started to target individual users based on their wants and needs. While dedicating separate motherboard lineups specifically to gamers and overclockers has become more typical these days, merging the two themes into a single product has been successful it its own right.
Many might even argue that overclocking features grew out of motherboards aimed at gamers, either way we know that some of the greatest overclocking motherboards owe their origins to the gaming lineup of which they are a small part. With the Z170 chipset, MSI has slipped their overclocking motherboard into their gaming lineup. The Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION is a mouthful; mashing the XPOWER brand with the GAMING brand with a TITANIUM EDITION tag dropped at the end.
This is MSI's top dog overclocking product with a price tag to match. It carries the latest MSI features along with a unique silver PCB. MSI has always labeled their best and most feature packed motherboards with the XPOWER name, and this product should carry on the line. The Intel Z170 chipset is extremely exciting when it comes to overclocking, partially due to Skylake CPUs, but also because motherboard vendors are in an arms race towards that next improvement or feature that will make their product the best. Let's see how the Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION does; expectations are high.
The X-Power lineup has always carried premium platform features, and the Z170A Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION is no exception. The latest features such as USB 3.1, 4-Way CrossFireX and 2-way SLI support, 7x USB 3.0 ports, 8x SATA6Gb/s, 2x 32Gb/s M.2 slots (shared with some SATA), two SATA Express (shared with 4x SATA6Gb/s), and upgraded Realtek audio are just a few.
The Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION is currently $299.99 on Newegg. This makes it one of the more expensive Z170 motherboards, but it does have some pretty unique features such as a silver PCB and an external OC-Dashboard card.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM ED Motherboard retails for £233 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z170A XPOWER GTE Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z170A XPOWER GTE Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions