G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The actual keyboard stops at the left where the brushed aluminum top plate stops, but to offer something different, G.SKILL offers a steel bar around the edge, and a plastic wing cover, this time sporting the company name. Even without the feet raised, we like that the caps follow a curved plane and puts a lot of the keys flat or angled to the user already.
The left main section of the KM780 RGB offers all of the usual suspects along with a few others that we will get into more detail on later. They use a metal sticker for the logo at the top, and we find the font is pretty typical and easy to read.
The Macro keys for this design are labeled as G1 through G6, and we have seen this before. With three profiles to play with, this allows for eighteen Macros without remapping any other keys.
At the top edge of the KM780 RGB, we find two groups of keys. To the left are the on-the-fly MR or Macro record button, and the M1 through M3 keys are for profiles; not Macros. The next group offers a Windows lockout key, a dimmer for the LED brightness, and a timer that duration can be set in the software to remind you of something by flashing the keys or an OSD option.
The right end of the keyboard follows suit with the standard font used and a layout that everyone is used to. Along with the command keys, the arrows, and the number pad, we are also offered to use numbers for arrows if desired.
At the top here, we find the dedicated multimedia keys. There is stop, previous track, play/pause, next track, and mute buttons with a scroll wheel for the volume. Below the grid will illuminate left to right corresponding to the volume level, and the lock identifiers are just below that.
The right side of the keyboard is much like what we saw on the left with the steel bar and its cover, but this time there is no naming to be found. We have raised the feet and notice it does angle the keys further forward for more ergonomic use of this board.
Just around the corner we first run into the cable holder that tucks away under the keyboard when not in use. Next to that are the USB 2.0 and HD Audio pass-through ports. There is also a switch marked G for NKRO and S for 6-KRO.
Under the keyboard, it is easier to see the smaller frame in the middle protected by the crash bar that runs around it on all sides. To keep this in place on the desktop, four small rubber pads are applied. We can also see that cable holder tucked under the board at the top left.
PRICING: You can find the G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The G.SKILL Ripjaws KM780 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $164 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V