Corsair's packaging is nearly identical for all of their power supplies, and the RM1000x is no exception. Basic features and a good shot of the unit are present on the front of the box.
The left side talks about the build quality along with efficiency and noise charts. Note that the unit runs silently until about 40% load and then kicks on the fan.
The other half of the back provide dimensions, more photos of the physical unit, and the I/O specifications.
This side of the box provides cable and connector availability with length.
The other side speaks of the efficiency of the unit itself.
Both ends feature the same summary information that is found on the rest of the box and in multiple languages.
Inside the Box
The internal packaging is the same as all other Corsair units that we have seen. Thick foam surrounds the power supply on all sides, and the extra space in the box is take up by the modular cables and accessories. It is very well protected.
As is usual for Corsair, the unit is finished in a textured black and the I/O specification label is on top of the power supply.
Both sides of the RM1000x feature the same logo with the opposite being inverted. The beveled edges of the power supply are a nice touch when building a system and just makes installation easier.
The bottom of the unit features the wire mesh grill that blends in with the bottom of the unit. Here we can see the gray 135mm fan that provides the active cooling for the RM1000x.
Flipping to the back side of the unit, we find that ventilation is provided via standard honeycomb mesh cutouts. There is a heavy duty on/off rocker switch for the AC input. Corsair also places a sticker that must be removed prior to powering on the unit that lets you know the fan will not operate until the unit reaches a moderate load, thus keeping the unit silent until it gets warm.
Rounding out the images of the unit itself is a picture of the front. All cables are fully modular and are clearly labeled for easy connectivity.
All cables for the RM1000x are either fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon type and black in color.
Accessories included with the unit include an AC power cord, mounting screws, cable ties, and a Corsair case badge.
Finally, we have the user's manual and warranty guide.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability, & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel holds firm to 2020 for discrete GPU
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: monster card with 11GB GDDR6
- THQ Nordic has 34 unannounced projects in development
- THQ buys Timesplitters IP
- Diablo III coming to Nintendo Switch
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution