Once the UIX software is downloaded and ran, you will find there is a firmware update check first, and then the software installs and opens. The left column offers three profiles, a spot for an image to that profile, and tabs to pick at the bottom. Right now we are on the Performance tab, and here you can set the DPI levels, along with a sniper setting. Then to the right you can adjust the polling rate, enable angle snapping, adjust LOD, double click speed, scroll speed, and pointer speed.
Our next click was on the Game Profile Management at the top, and this wide window opens. Here you can create, edit, remove, import, and export profiles to store on the mouse, and extras stay on the main drive of the PC when not in use. You can also use this window to add images to each of the profiles if you wish to do that and replace the logo in these boxes.
Then back to the bottom to move into the Key Assignment section. At left around an image of the Iron Grey 550M we see all of the default settings for the buttons. To the right, in the basic tab, you can simply remap the buttons to suit your needs.
Then you could also opt to go to the Advanced tab and get a bit more creative. This drop down menu is just the start, where you can select groups of preset options like the Sniper button, or DPI, Keyboard functions, and multimedia - the works.
If that does not offer the level of control you wish for programming the buttons, there is also the Macro tab to consider. The menu offered here offers all of the tricks of the trade too, importing and exporting, editing, time delays, and repeat rates - it's all there.
Last on the agenda was to look in the Lighting Control tab. Here we find two separate controls for the lighting, one for the DPI LED color, and the other for the stripe along the back. Both sections allow modes of lighting, a strip to click and choose from, RGB scales, and even ten preset options to pick a color for these LEDs.
PRICING: You can find the Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: The Cougar 550M Optical Gaming Mouse retails for £57 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit