Accessories and Documentation
First out of the packaging was this transparent panel for the left side of the Core P5. It is shipped with the paper still on both sides to protect it from damages.
As we start to open the boxes, we first ran into this. There is a pump/reservoir bracket at the top left, next to the PSU mounting bracket. At the bottom, we also found the eight expansion slots, covers, and mounting screws.
This next group of bit covers the rubber feet for the right side panel to lay the P5 on its back, along with the four included screws. Surrounding them is a PSU support bracket to help manage the weight of the PSU. At the bottom, we find two PCI-e extension cable brackets and thumb screws to lock them into the plate they are used with.
This plate allows the option of vertically mounting the video cards. It attaches to the motherboard tray, and the expansion slots mount to the back. The large hole in the middle allows the extension cable a way into it, and the holes on either side are where the brackets in the last image install.
Digging deeper, we found that we are given the extension cable to move the video card off the motherboard for vertical mounting. We also found a fourth drive tray to use in the front if all three in the back are planned to be used.
Inside of another box, we slid these out for the photo. These are the steel supports for the transparent side panel of the chassis. One end mounts with a standard screw to the chassis, and the other end is a cap of steel to go through the panel and secure it. As to the staining seen here, we are told retail versions will not be stained and will be all pretty, as they should be.
We also have to show the huge feet. The top of them are ribbed for design and strength, and with a plastic cover over the steel inner frames, the provided screws secure them to the chassis solidly with no fear of toppling this chassis.
We also found the basics. We are given ten zip ties and a motherboard speaker seen at the top. In the bags, we have hex head 6/32 screws for just about everything mountable, one with standoffs and a socket, one full of round head M3 screws, and a bag of countersunk screws for SSD mounting. At the bottom is a sheet of rubber washers used to isolate drives when installing them.
The manual is as good as it gets. It starts with a checklist to be sure you have everything needed, then takes off into the assembly of the chassis and is how we are presenting the build section. It covers everything with great images and descriptions to get even the most novice user through this build process. We are also given the warranty information as to what is covered during the one-year warranty period.
Just in case we were not clear about how it works, we did snap an image of the manual and VESA wall mounting this chassis. With all the standard offsets and the notification that the bracket is not included, it is clear what you need to do if wall mounting the P5 is on your list of things to do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Core P5 Open Air Chassis]
- Page 4 [Accessories & Documentation]
- Page 5 [Case Build & Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Case Build & Finished Product Continued]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix showcase 10 minutes of LEFT ALIVE gameplay
- Possible Diablo animated series in development with Netflix
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Gameplay, Corrupted Monk Boss
- Officially licenced wireless GameCube controllers announced
- Bitmain announces next-gen Antminer ASICs ship soon with 7nm
- EP2C602 wont post
- صيانة كريازى مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجة كريازى الت
- صيانة جنرال اليكتريك مصر 0235700994 | توكيل ثلاجات ج
- صيانة كلفينيتور مصر 0235700997 | توكيل ثلاجات كلفين
- Battery Issue
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam