Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation
Most of the packaging is dark, but the bold yellow used at the end will attract your eyes to this keyboard. At the left is the Corsair name and logo and at the bottom is a notation of mechanical switches for ultimate performance. Front and center is an image of the Strafe powered up with an optional key cap set. To the right are indications of the switch type, and per key LEDS, with the product naming then at the bottom.
Under the front panel on the longer side of the box, we are given the Corsair logo and such, but this is the important bits. Here we see mentions of the Cherry MX switches used, the optional caps sets, and that the software offers endless LED possibilities.
At this end, we find the smaller panel wrapped in yellow with a large black section to highlight the chrome logo and the bold white Strafe naming.
The second longer side of the box offers what we see here repeated in various languages. There is a brief list of specifications covering the more important things, and also a minimum system requirements list to be sure you can use this keyboard.
The last of the thin sides happens to be the other shorter end of the box. Along with everything we pointed out at the other end of the box, this time it does show us that this is an English QWERTY layout.
At the back, we are pointed to the easy access multimedia keys, the anti-ghosting and NKRO support, the USB pass-through, and lighting modes around the image of the keyboard. To the right, you get basics on what the software has in store, but it just grazes the subject; there is so much more going on in there.
Inside of the box, we find the keyboard wrapped in plastic, and it has a layer of cardboard over most of the keys for a bit of added protection. The cable and a sealed bag with the key puller and caps sets are in the cardboard at the back of the box.
There is also a user guide of sorts provided. It touches on installation, where to download the software, but it would take a book ten times this thick to totally explain the software and its functionality. To the left is the warranty pamphlet discussing what is covered in the two-year warranty.
As far as accessories go, this is what you get with the Strafe. There is a angled set of grey caps for MOBA gamers at the top, and a similar set of caps for FPS gamers to the right. Also, they include a plastic keycap puller to ease changing the cap sets.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair STRAFE Cherry MX Red Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (CH-9000088-NA) for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Gaming Strafe Mechanical Keyboard retails for $110 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Gaming Strafe Mechanical Keyboard retails for £110 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Corsair Gaming Strafe Mechanical Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Corsair Gaming Strafe Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam