Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Starting with sequential read, we noticed RAID 10 started to pick up steam once we hit higher queue depths, eventually touching 820 MB/s. RAID 5 managed over 600 MB/s while RAID 6 over 400 MB/s.
Sequential write, on the other hand, was nearly the same for RAID 6 and 10 while RAID 5 stayed near 650 MB/s.
RAID 5 started our workloads with random read results jumping off the chart. They are up over 2000 IOPS while Web Server is once again right behind at 1700 IOPs.
RAID 6 was almost identical to our RAID 5 results, but we did see a decrease in overall IOPS.
RAID 10 calmed things down a bit where we found random read just under 2000 IOPS. Web Server dropped just below 1500 IOPS, and random write was just touching 1000 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [RocketStor 6414AS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - JBOD and RAID 0 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5, 6 and 10 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- Advoli has first HDBaseT certified PCIe x16 graphics card
- AMD's mysterious 'Fenghuang' APU teased with '15FF' graphics
- The Predator drops into Ghost Recon Wildlands on December 14
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series