Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Starting with sequential read, we noticed RAID 10 started to pick up steam once we hit higher queue depths, eventually touching 820 MB/s. RAID 5 managed over 600 MB/s while RAID 6 over 400 MB/s.
Sequential write, on the other hand, was nearly the same for RAID 6 and 10 while RAID 5 stayed near 650 MB/s.
RAID 5 started our workloads with random read results jumping off the chart. They are up over 2000 IOPS while Web Server is once again right behind at 1700 IOPs.
RAID 6 was almost identical to our RAID 5 results, but we did see a decrease in overall IOPS.
RAID 10 calmed things down a bit where we found random read just under 2000 IOPS. Web Server dropped just below 1500 IOPS, and random write was just touching 1000 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [RocketStor 6414AS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - JBOD and RAID 0 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5, 6 and 10 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower