Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Starting with sequential read, we noticed RAID 10 started to pick up steam once we hit higher queue depths, eventually touching 820 MB/s. RAID 5 managed over 600 MB/s while RAID 6 over 400 MB/s.
Sequential write, on the other hand, was nearly the same for RAID 6 and 10 while RAID 5 stayed near 650 MB/s.
RAID 5 started our workloads with random read results jumping off the chart. They are up over 2000 IOPS while Web Server is once again right behind at 1700 IOPs.
RAID 6 was almost identical to our RAID 5 results, but we did see a decrease in overall IOPS.
RAID 10 calmed things down a bit where we found random read just under 2000 IOPS. Web Server dropped just below 1500 IOPS, and random write was just touching 1000 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [RocketStor 6414AS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - JBOD and RAID 0 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5, 6 and 10 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Oculus founder has a new company, working on VR still
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM