Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Starting with sequential read, we noticed RAID 10 started to pick up steam once we hit higher queue depths, eventually touching 820 MB/s. RAID 5 managed over 600 MB/s while RAID 6 over 400 MB/s.
Sequential write, on the other hand, was nearly the same for RAID 6 and 10 while RAID 5 stayed near 650 MB/s.
RAID 5 started our workloads with random read results jumping off the chart. They are up over 2000 IOPS while Web Server is once again right behind at 1700 IOPs.
RAID 6 was almost identical to our RAID 5 results, but we did see a decrease in overall IOPS.
RAID 10 calmed things down a bit where we found random read just under 2000 IOPS. Web Server dropped just below 1500 IOPS, and random write was just touching 1000 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find the HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS DAS retails for $599 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [RocketStor 6414AS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - JBOD and RAID 0 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5, 6 and 10 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- No Man's Sky coming to PSVR
- Apple Arcade is Apple's answer to Xbox Game Pass
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Watching Movies and TV Topped US Entertainment Options in 2018, The NPD Group Says
- Cortus Announces the General Availability of a RISC-V Processor Family - from Low End Embedded Controller to 64 bit Processor with Floating Point
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28