BIOSTAR's UEFI has a single operation mode using a custom skin. They have tried to provide aesthetics that might appeal to PC gamers, with styling akin to the menu in a PC game from the 90s. While it might not look sleek as sleek as some other implementations, it's functional, easy-to-navigate, and provides fixed real-time monitoring.
Fan control is readily available with many customization options over all the fans. Overclocking options are readily available too, and while there isn't an option for external LLC, there is one for internal LLC under the CPU Power Management menu in more recent BIOS versions. It is a bit trickier; you type in values from 0-6000, and it uses the feedback loop to alter the VCore.
The voltage menu even has the CPU VCC PLL voltage for more extreme overclocks.
BIOSTAR's GAMING Z170X has a few audio programs. The first is GAMING COMMANDER that references the front panel bay device. SmartEar3D provides even more tuning options.
Killer's Software suite for the Killer NIC is part of the package too. BIOSTAR's Green Power Utility provides the ability to control some aspects of motherboard power.
Toverclocker is BIOSTAR's program for in-Windows tuning of CPU parameters, Intel's XTU also works with this board. Toverclocker also provides in-Windows fan tuning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z170X]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR GAMING Z170X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR GAMING Z170X Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC leaked: Joker, Terminator, Spawn & more
- Mortal Kombat 11 official chilling 'Frost' gameplay trailer
- The next-gen Xbox will be even more powerful than the PS5
- PlayStation 5 rumor: $399 price with AMD Zen 2 and Navi tech
- Sony's huge 98-inch 8K TV costs $70,000, perfect for PS5
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- SportDOG Brand YardTrainer 100 is the Affordable Tool for Basic Obedience Training
- Smartphones Could Cost You 40% More if You Don't Compare Prices
- LG SIGNATURE Presents Exquisite Art Installation At Milan Design Week 2019
- Purchasing Greeting Cards Just Got A Whole Lot Easier With The Card Isle Print-at-Home Platform
- TCL Communication launches its first Alcatel-branded smartphone on Verizon Wireless with the introduction of the Alcatel AVALON V