BIOSTAR's UEFI has a single operation mode using a custom skin. They have tried to provide aesthetics that might appeal to PC gamers, with styling akin to the menu in a PC game from the 90s. While it might not look sleek as sleek as some other implementations, it's functional, easy-to-navigate, and provides fixed real-time monitoring.
Fan control is readily available with many customization options over all the fans. Overclocking options are readily available too, and while there isn't an option for external LLC, there is one for internal LLC under the CPU Power Management menu in more recent BIOS versions. It is a bit trickier; you type in values from 0-6000, and it uses the feedback loop to alter the VCore.
The voltage menu even has the CPU VCC PLL voltage for more extreme overclocks.
BIOSTAR's GAMING Z170X has a few audio programs. The first is GAMING COMMANDER that references the front panel bay device. SmartEar3D provides even more tuning options.
Killer's Software suite for the Killer NIC is part of the package too. BIOSTAR's Green Power Utility provides the ability to control some aspects of motherboard power.
Toverclocker is BIOSTAR's program for in-Windows tuning of CPU parameters, Intel's XTU also works with this board. Toverclocker also provides in-Windows fan tuning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z170X]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR GAMING Z170X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR GAMING Z170X Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warframe: Fortuna the Profit-Taker debuts to PC, out now
- Steam Winter Sale starts Dec 20th, Award Nominees released
- Switch beats Xbox One/PS4 sales from: March 2017-Nov 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 3 million units sold in 11 days
- Analyst: Cyberpunk 2077 out in Q4 2019, will sell 19m copies
- this may build your hardness and stamina
- MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z390 Taichi Ultimate stuck on Error Code 55
- Z77, using sound card and onboard sound
- AdMaster: 79% of China advertisers to increase digital marketing spend in 2019
- Safety Laser Scanner Market Worth $406 Million by 2023 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Archer Ascension Now Available in Black Desert Online SEA
- Back to Ubersreik DLC is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Ark: Survival Evolved Transformed Into A Winter Wonderland With The Arrival Of Raptor Claus