BIOSTAR's UEFI has a single operation mode using a custom skin. They have tried to provide aesthetics that might appeal to PC gamers, with styling akin to the menu in a PC game from the 90s. While it might not look sleek as sleek as some other implementations, it's functional, easy-to-navigate, and provides fixed real-time monitoring.
Fan control is readily available with many customization options over all the fans. Overclocking options are readily available too, and while there isn't an option for external LLC, there is one for internal LLC under the CPU Power Management menu in more recent BIOS versions. It is a bit trickier; you type in values from 0-6000, and it uses the feedback loop to alter the VCore.
The voltage menu even has the CPU VCC PLL voltage for more extreme overclocks.
BIOSTAR's GAMING Z170X has a few audio programs. The first is GAMING COMMANDER that references the front panel bay device. SmartEar3D provides even more tuning options.
Killer's Software suite for the Killer NIC is part of the package too. BIOSTAR's Green Power Utility provides the ability to control some aspects of motherboard power.
Toverclocker is BIOSTAR's program for in-Windows tuning of CPU parameters, Intel's XTU also works with this board. Toverclocker also provides in-Windows fan tuning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the GAMING Z170X]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR GAMING Z170X Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR GAMING Z170X Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM