We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. Steady state is achieved at 4,500 seconds.
An On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) / Database workload is a demanding 8K test with a 66/33 percent R/W distribution. OLPT is online processing of financial transactions such as credit cards and high-frequency trading in the financial sector. Database workloads are challenging for any storage solution.
The DC P3608 1.6TB dominates this test too. The DC P3608 1.6TB again outperforms the XS1715 by 34% at QD256. Intel specs the DC P3608 for up to 160,000 random 8K performance with a 70/30 read/write distribution. We do not test at 8K 70/30, but this test is very close to that. We believe that this test, which is a little more demanding than 8K 70/30, indicates that the DC 3608 1.6TB would indeed achieve the specified 8K 70/30 random performance of 160K IOPS.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 1.6TB R0 handles demanding 8K workloads with a new level of performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Quick Specs]
- Page 2 [Intel DC P3608 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Photos and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Write/Read]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8K Random Write/Read]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128K Sequential Write/Read]
- Page 7 [Mixed Workload Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 8 [Mixed Workload Benchmarks - OLTP/Database]
- Page 9 [Mixed Workload Benchmarks - Web Server]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]