We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. Steady state is achieved at about 4,500 seconds.
An Email Server workload is a demanding 8K test with a 50 percent R/W distribution. This application gives a good indication of how well a drive will perform in a write heavy workload environment.
The DC P3608 in RAID mode is delivering astounding performance in this brutal test. At QD256, the DC P3608 1.6TB is 34% faster than the Samsung XS1715, which is a powerhouse itself. To give you an idea of how good this is, 125,000 IOPS in this test is roughly 10x higher than a typical SATA-based enterprise SSD.
Conclusion: Intel states that the DC P3608 can deliver 10x the performance of a SATA-based SSD, and we find this to be true.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Age of Empires will have a segment Inside Xbox in March
- Valve abandon ALL non-gaming related video content on Steam
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure