4K Random Write/Read
We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subjects descent into steady state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady state achieved at 3,000 seconds of preconditioning.
With our configuration, we exceeded Intel's 4K random write specification of 150,000 IOPS. At QD64, we hit the specified 150,000 IOPS. We saw the highest performance at QD128. At QD256, the DC P3608 is delivering 156,000 IOPS. As a separate (one of two) 800GB non-RAID volume, the DC P3608 is generating 79,000 4K Random Write IOPS @ QD256. The DC P3608 easily outperforms the Samsung XS1715 in RAID mode.
4K random read performance of the competing drives are much closer to one another than 4K random write. The Samsung XS1715 displays better random read performance from QD8-QD64. At QD128, the DC P3608 takes a small lead over the XS1715. At QD256, the DC P3608 generates 857,000 IOPS, exceeding specification and delivering 105,000 IOPS more than the Samsung XS1715.
Conclusion: The DC P3608 in RAID mode delivers higher 4K random performance than Samsung's XS1715.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Quick Specs]
- Page 2 [Intel DC P3608 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Photos and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Write/Read]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8K Random Write/Read]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128K Sequential Write/Read]
- Page 7 [Mixed Workload Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 8 [Mixed Workload Benchmarks - OLTP/Database]
- Page 9 [Mixed Workload Benchmarks - Web Server]
- Page 10 [Final Thoughts]