Intel DC P3608 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Photos
Typically we will disassemble the test subject to get a look at the drive's internals. Intel's DC PCIe AIC SSDs are one of the rare exceptions to this practice. In the case of the DC P3608 AIC, the drive's heat sink and protective back plate/heat shield are attached with a thermal adhesive rather than a thermal pad or thermal paste. We know from experience disassembling this drive involves the risk of damaging components, and we are unwilling to take that risk.
We do know what is under the covers, so we will give you a list of the major components that reside on the 1.6TB DC P3608's PCB. There are two Intel CH29AE41AB1 18-channel controllers, 18 Intel 128GB 20nm HET flash packages, 10 Micron 512MB DDR3 1600MHz DRAM packages, and a PLX PEX8718-AB80BI G 16-lane Gen 3 PCIe switch.
The entire front half of the drive's PCB is covered with a full-length solid aluminum heat sink. All four of the drive's capacitors are visible. We also see the drive's eight-lane PCIe Gen 3 edge connector. There is a sheet aluminum face plate with emblazoned with an Intel logo and trademark swoop. The model of the drive is advertised here as well.
The back of the drive is covered with a protective sheet aluminum cover plate. This cover plate is attached with screws and thermal adhesive. The thermal adhesive is the reason we chose not to remove the back plate for our photos.
From this angle, we can see there are two separate heat sinks, in addition to the full-length heat sink. These separate heat sinks are mounted on the drive's dual controllers to provide more efficient cooling.
From this angle, we can see the honeycomb perforated full height bracket. The drive ships with a half height and full height bracket. Intel specs an airflow rate of 400LF flow from the back of the drive and out through this bracket to provide adequate cooling. If you look closely, you can see four led drive status indicators through the openings in the bracket.
From this angle, we can see the channels in the heat sink where airflow is directed through to the perforated mounting bracket.
There is a manufacturer label affixed to the top edge of the drive's main heat sink. The label lists the drives model, capacity, serial number, shipping firmware, and a warning that the warranty will be voided if any screw or label is removed.
Specifications and Features Intel DC P3608 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD
We are going to go over the 1.6TB DC P3608's specifications, for other capacities please refer to the above sheet. The Intel DC P3608 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD comes in a half-height, half-length, low-profile Add-in Card (AIC) Form factor.
Features include a PCIe Gen 3.0 x8 interface, and Intel 20nm HET (High Endurance Technology) MLC NAND flash memory. End-to-End data protection featuring XOR parity protection and advanced LDPC ECC bit correction on all internal and external memories in the data path for protection at every layer. Enhanced power loss management including protection from unplanned power loss called PLI (Power Loss Imminent) by utilizing a propriety combination of hardware, firmware algorithms, built-in self-test, and robust validation.
DC P3608 1.6TB sustained performance (RAID 0 volume) specs:
- Sequential 128KB QD128 Read (up to): 5000 MB/s
- Sequential 128KB QD128 Write (up to): 2000 MB/s
- Random 4KB QD256 Read (up to): 850,000 IOPS
- Random 4KB QD256 Write (up to): 150,000 IOPS
- Seq. Latency R/W: 20/20us (typical)
Reliability: MTBF one million device hours, UBER: 1E-17, Silent bit error rate of 1E-25, End-to-end data protection, Enhanced power-loss data protection, SMART monitoring and T-10 DIF Protection.
Endurance: PBW (Petabytes Written): 1.6TB = 8.76 PBW equivalent to three drive writes per day for five years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Kerbal Space Program 2 isn't Epic Store exclusive, won't be monetized
- PS5 devkit won't be final design, devkits always look quite different
- These Gamescom 2019 Cyberpunk 2077 4K screenshots are simply gorgeous
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best