When it comes to the software, things are a bit more advanced with the Scroll Alpha. With an all new look, this software opens to this. To the left are the five profile options to pick from, and the light effects window is open next to it. There you can turn the LEDs off and on, or set them as solid of in breathing mode. To the right are the default button assignments open now as well.
Picking a button to reassign, we see it turns red on the mouse to visually indicate you are on the right button. Then to change it, you select from the dropdown of many options, and just as an example, we opened the multimedia menu of presets to choose to use.
At the top right, in the bar of tabs, we moved now into the sensitivity settings. There you can open X and Y axis controls, and is also where you can move the sliders to set the six DPI levels to something more comfortable for you to use.
This time we clicked on the system settings tab at the top. There we see that you have access to change the double click speed and pointer speed, and enhanced pointer precision, which is essentially angle snapping. The lower section allows you to mess with the tile wheel speed, as well as the amount of lines jumped with the scroll wheel.
The advanced settings tab allows you to change the polling rate, the On-To-Go Speed (which we can find no definitive answer as to what that does), and there is even a reset button to set the entire profile back to default.
We almost forgot, but we recalled seeing the Macro option when reassigning buttons and got back to that. When that is chosen, a large window shows up over the middle and offers Macro options. The left column will have the name of the macro, the next column then displays the commands of said macro. At the right, you can start and stop the recording, select to use delays, and it offers a loop option as well. At the bottom, you can even save and load profiles that are stored elsewhere on the PC.
PRICING: You can find the Etekcity Scroll Alpha High Precision Laser Gaming Mouse for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower