NZXT GRID+ V2 Digital Fan Controller
We will be calling this the front of the device since it will likely hang in a chassis for most installations. On the large expanse of flat black plastic, we see the word GRID and the plus sign indented into the cover. We also see an LED at the bottom left corner; it glows white when powered.
The bottom of the GRID+ V2 then offers two jacks. The one at the left is to connect the USB cable to the software to control it, and to the right is the power.
As we spin things to get a look at the right side of the controller, we find that there are three 3-pin headers tucked into the sides of it. Each fan port has room for a 4-pin fan, just that the fourth pin is not present.
The top of the GRID+ V2 offers three wide slots that cover the whole width of the device, which is strictly for passive ventilation. It lets any heat built up in the resistors a way to escape the controller and not cause it to stew in its juices.
The left side of the controller is where we find the remaining three channels of the six specified. On a basic level, each channel can easily control 5W worth of fans, but that figure is switchable dependant on the total load over the entire 30W capability of it. That means it is possible to draw slightly more per channel than expected.
The bottom of the GRID+ V2 is where we find the part number and serial number sticker, along with a trio of screws. Removing them allows us a peek inside, and with it as it is, it makes for a solid base to place the 3M Dual Lock tape.
For those interested in what the guts look like, we went ahead and pulled the PCB out to look at the quality of the parts as well as the soldering job. The chokes, resistors, and caps are all decent quality, and soldering is done well with no traces of flux present.
On the reverse, we can see that this is the first revision of the GRID V2 with the 0.0.0 marked on the PCB to the right of the pair of USB controller IC chips placed on the back.
To give you an idea of what the GRID+ V2 will look like when correctly wired, we took the above photo. As mentioned, the power and control wires go in at the bottom, and the fan leads spread out from either side. This design works well to distribute the wiring, but make sure you are ready to plug in the fans, as they are hard to unplug.
PRICING: You can find the NZXT GRID+ V2 Digital Fan Controller for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NZXT GRID+ V2 Digital Fan Controller retails for $36 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NZXT GRID+ V2 Digital Fan Controller retails for £30 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories & Documentation]
- Page 3 [NZXT GRID+ V2 Digital Fan Controller]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Expert opinion: the best online privacy tool (sponsored)
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available