Installation and Finished Product
First thing is first, and to get started, the manual says to put the appropriate brackets onto the base of the cooler. We have taken the universal Intel brackets and made sure that the suds were all locked into the center holes for LGA 115X boards.
For this image, we balanced the motherboard on top of the cooler, allowing the studs to pass through the motherboard holes. We then aligned the back plate correctly, and with the socket, screwed the nuts down until we ran out of threads.
We did have to remove the tips on the spreaders, but without them, we do have plenty of room for the average kit to go under the S524 Ver 2. The manual also shows this cooler will function in any direction, but you may run into clearance issues with the PCI-e slot, the top of the chassis, or possible wiring or fan clearance in the back.
This picture shows us two things. While the memory sits, getting anything in and out of the slots is near impossible with the cooler installed. Secondly, with the angle the cooler is sitting at, it's leaning hard to the left.
Stepping back, we find that it definitely is not just us, this cooler is overly bent, plain and simple. There is no way to open it up like most C-style coolers, as the base is locked into the fins. Outside of that, while covering the memory, it does still offer plenty of room around it in all the other areas.
From this view, the angle is much less obvious as you look down at the highly polished steel plate and the Silencio FP 120mm fan perched above it. Installed as it is, we are blocking the first PCI slot usage, so if that is important, this cooler may need to be offset upwards, but make sure the chassis has room above the motherboard for it.
PRICING: You can find the Cooler Master GeminII S524 Version 2 CPU Air Cooler with 120 mm Silencio FP Fan for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master GeminII S524 Ver 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM