For the money, the Mushkin Reactor 512GB is hard to beat. The Reactor is currently the low price leader for MLC based SSD's. It's even priced lower than the majority of TLC drives on the market. In addition, you are getting a full 512GB from the Reactor which is more capacity than you can get from any competing TLC SSD, even the 850 EVO.
We like that the Reactor is typically priced significantly lower than the 850 EVO and the MX200, and this is big because the Reactor is not in direct competition with either of those drives. If it were, there would be no compelling reason to purchase a Reactor because both the EVO and MX200 outperform the Reactor. We have recently seen non-Samsung TLC drives hit the market with pricing that puts them into direct competition with the 850 EVO and the MX200, which is mind boggling to say the least.
Looking back at our benchmarks, what clearly stands out the most is our transfer testing where the Reactor shows well over 2.5x the write transfer rate of the TLC equipped TRION. And guess what? The Reactor and the TRION are currently retailing for the same price at the time of writing. Additionally, when you consider the Reactor gives you 32GB more capacity, the choice becomes crystal clear.
We will conclude by saying we recommend the Mushkin Reactor 512GB SATA III SSD without reservation, because it's full of MLC goodness and priced like TLC.
- Quality 16nm Micron MLC Flash
- Exceptional Value
- Full 512GB Capacity
- No accessories
- Low performance with Heavy Workloads
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||85%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a super low-cost SSD with quality flash and excellent performance, Mushkin's Reactor fits the bill nicely.
PRICING: You can find the Mushkin Reactor 512GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: The Mushkin Reactor 512GB retails for £163 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit