Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads
Looking at sequential read performance, we found RAID 5 producing the highest results touching 118 MB/s from QD8 to 256, while RAID 6 had the most overhead reaching just 90 MB/s. Hybrid RAID 6 was the second highest performing solution on par with Hybrid RAID 5.
Sequential write produced the best results with Hybrid RAID 6 and RAID 5. Both of these were able to get very close to 120 MB/s. On the other hand, RAID 6 was barely able to achieve 80 MB/s.
Over to SMB workloads and the Hybrid RAID 5 results came in the highest with random read touching 1300 IOPS. Next was web server at 629 IOPS at QD256.
Hybrid RAID 6 showed similar performance with random read touching 1200 IOPS at QD256, while web server was able to muster 800 IOPS from QD32 to 256.
RAID 5 had some irregular activity with random write, while average IOPS came in around 400 IOPS.
RAID 6 was able to reach a peak of 5300 IOPS in random read, while random write touched 4000 IOPS several times in testing. SMB workloads produced close to 1000 IOPS for file and web server.
PRICING: You can find the Synology DiskStation DS415+ for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for $578 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Synology DiskStation DS415+ retails for £424 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Synology DS415+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - RAID 0 & 10 Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - RAID 5 & 6 Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ