Gainward has the usual 2816 CUDA cores in the GTX 980 Ti Phoenix 'GS' thanks to it being powered by the GM200 GPU from NVIDIA. This is baked on the 28nm process, with 6GB of GDDR5 spread out on a 384-bit memory bus providing 336GB/sec of memory bandwidth.
The GTX 980 Ti Phoenix 'GS' has a Base Clock of 1152MHz, a Boost Clock of 1241MHz, and its 6GB of RAM is clocked at 3.5GHz (7GHz effective). The overclock that Gainward has used on the GTX 980 Ti Phoenix 'GS' is a decent 11% overclock, but it is much cooler than the reference GTX 980 Ti, thanks to its improved heat sinks and cooling technology.
Not only does the cooling on the Gainward GeForce GTX 980 Ti Phoenix 'GS' look great, it performs just as great as well.
The triple-fan cooler that Gainward has deployed onto the GTX 980 Ti Phoenix 'GS' is an excellent piece of kit. The two-slot design makes it simple to use in SLI setups, but it is also super-silent during those all-night gaming sessions.
Gainward has used a back plate on the back of the board which takes off some of the heat from the back of the card, and it also protects the back of the card from any accidental damage.
Here we have a closer shot of the heat pipe system that Gainward has used on the GTX 980 Ti Phoenix 'GS'.
Once again, we have a closer look at the card, this time towards the end of the card. Gainward is only asking for 1 x 8-pin and 1 x 6-pin PCIe power connectors to power the card. We can see that the heat sink keeping the VRMs nice and cool hangs over the edge of the card.
Peaking under the clear fans, we have that massive heat sink and heat pipe array keeping the GM200 GPU cool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla bans new commercial drivers from Supercharger stations
- You can now mine cryptocurrency with your BODY
- Surface Phone rumors surface again: dual OLED displays?!
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series