Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
These results may seem a bit strange, but keep in mind we are using the software fan curves for this round of testing. In quiet mode, we see temperatures reach only 48.25 degrees, which is a strong finish. But once Performance mode is used, we see the 46 degree result. The thing about this is, the fans never got to spin anywhere near full speed for this result.
When it came to the overclocked testing, we changed things a touch to reflect the true performance of this cooler. Quiet mode was used to get the 68.5 degree result, and performance mode was in control for the 64.25 degree chart topping result. However, if you planned to use four fans in push/pull and let them run full speed, you could get even better results, as the amazing 62.5 degree result shows. Three degrees better than the larger previous record holder.
Noise Level Results
In Quiet Mode, the fans never went above 800 RPM, delivering only 24 dB of noise. With the software turned to Performance mode, the fans spun at or below 1400 RPM and there we got a reading of 40 dB.
The most we ever got out of any testing in Quiet mode was 33 dB, and it takes a serious heat load to get them to this level. We also looked for the max to go with the chart, and as we supplied 12V via the PWM percentage option in the software, and things got really loud at 68 dB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft to invest in new IPs and ramp up game dev teams
- Switch Lite vs normal Switch in side-by-side comparison
- Farming Simulator 20 begins harvesting the Nintendo Switch in Q4 2019
- Google's next 'Nest Mini' speaker is a 'substantial' upgrade all round
- Age of Empires IV news slipped, fans advised to watch XO19 for info
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems