Installation and Finished Product
To get things ready to test on our Intel system, we set the ends all the way in for LGA 115X and set the back plate into the holes in the motherboard.
With the back plate behind the socket and the studs poking through the front, we then send in all four standoffs until they run out of threads. For us, finger tight has always worked out best; there is no real need to wrench on these.
We also took time to go ahead and put the 140mm fans onto the radiator. We see there is good coverage of the majority of the fins, and the grey on the fan blades almost matches that of the grey striping on the head unit and radiator.
After tinkering a bit, this is what we ended up with. The head unit is rock solid on the CPU and is well clear of anything like memory and video cards. We like the length of this kits tubing, and it allows for top installation with ease, and can even make it to the front in most mid and full-tower cases.
One last thing to note about these new Hydro series coolers, and that is the LED lighting of the head units. Here we have the default white shown, but via the Link software, we can change this to anything to match a build, or even use it to display colors based on the coolant temperature.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take a trip with 'Paddington' in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- 20 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $11,740
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit