Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Cooler
The head unit of the H110i GTX is the same as the previous two with its octagonal shape of the cover and the grey strip across the top with the Corsair name and logo ready to be lit with the LEDs under it.
As that grey strip wraps over the right side of the head unit, we see it stops just short of the bottom. This is where we find three leads coming from the head unit for various functionality.
At the other end of that wiring, we see that the H110i GTX needs a SATA power lead connected, and the CPU header is just a single wire for RPM sensing. The last of the trio is the dual 4-pin fan power lead to connect the pair of 140mm fans to for software control of them.
Getting back to the head unit itself, we are now looking at the bottom side of it. Here is where the mini-USB port is located, and one end of the Link cable plugs into this for full control over the system.
To protect the pre-applied thermal paste put onto the cold plate, this cooler ships with a snap on plastic cover. In all three, technically four as we were sent two of these for testing, in all instances the paste was undisturbed and free of debris, and we cannot say we see the same from other samples.
Since we use the same paste on every cooler we test, after wiping away the pre-applied stuff, we can see the slightly convex cold plate. It is obviously copper as it should be, and like any of the Asetek units, milling marks are present in the base.
We did not cover them at the head unit, so why not now as these black braided large diameter tubes connect up to the radiator and are held tight with a plastic collar. We also forgot to mention that the other end of these tubes do swivel inside of the head unit to relieve any twists in the tube.
Since we were here, we stretched out the wiring and broke out the measuring tape. We can see that the SATA lead is 11 inches long, and so is the RPM sense wire, and the first of the fan power plugs. The second plug on the tail makes it to near 13 inches, and as to the tubing, it is 14.5 inches long.
The actual fins inside the radiator are more in the order of 20mm in thickness, but it is the side plates on the radiator that make up for its full 26mm of thickness. We also see that the sides of this have the matching grey stripe that runs its entire length.
This 280mm radiator offers standard spacing to fit into any chassis that can house one this size. We also see that they are sticking to the high FPI design, but there is still enough of a gap to see the head unit right through it too.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The best Elder Scrolls is free today only
- No Man's Sky coming to PSVR
- Apple Arcade is Apple's answer to Xbox Game Pass
- Low-end Switch to replace 3DS handheld
- Death Stranding isn't in testing phases yet
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Watching Movies and TV Topped US Entertainment Options in 2018, The NPD Group Says
- Cortus Announces the General Availability of a RISC-V Processor Family - from Low End Embedded Controller to 64 bit Processor with Floating Point
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28