Super Talent TeraNova 480GB SATA III SSD
The TeraNova is packaged in a blue and white flip-top box. There is a picture of an SSD on the front of the box.
The rear of the packaging lists a few attributes common to all SSD's. The drive's model number and capacity can be found here as well.
Inside the box, the drive is protected from damage by foam padding and a non-static envelope. A printed user guide is included.
The front facing of the drives enclosure is covered with an attractive blue and white label. The label advertises the drives capacity and model number.
The back half of the drives enclosure has a small barcode label with a warning that the warranty will be void if the label is removed.
Both halves of the drives enclosure are formed from stamped aluminum. The PCB attaches to the bottom half of the enclosure with four screws.
The drives SM2246EN controller and four of the drive's eight flash packages are located on this side of the full length PCB.
This side of the PCB is populated with the remaining four flash packages and a single Micron DRAM package.
A close-in view of the 4-channel Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller that powers the TeraNova.
A close-in view of one of the drive's eight 20nm Intel 64GB flash packages.
Finally, a close-in view of the drives 512MB DDR3-2133 CL 14 Micron DRAM package.
PRICING: You can find the Super Talent TeraNova 2.5-Inch 480GB SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Disk FTM48N325H for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Super Talent TeraNova 480GB retails for $186 at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]