Test System Setup
Our Consumer NAS test 'system' is setup similar to what you have at home. Here we have the base of an ASUS Z97 USB 3.1, housing an Intel Core i7 4770 with 16GB of Patriot Viper DDR3 supporting. Our Operating System of choice is Windows 10 Pro x64, with all available updates and patches installed on a Crucial MX200 500GB SSD.
The platform used in the TS-431+ is QTS 4.1 which carries many of the same features we have seen in past NAS units from QNAP. In the system settings section, we have options for managing storage along with monitoring the hardware and upgrading firmware. Network services included ranged from SMB, NFS and AFP along with FTP, SSH and Qsync.
Station manager allows access to backup scheduling, iTunes server and media server options such as transcoding.
myQNAPcloud is one of the pinnacle feature on any QNAP appliance as this allows you to build your own personal cloud to access your data anywhere in the world.
Qsync is another staple with QTS allowing seamless backups that are automated across all platforms.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP TurboNAS TS-431+ for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The QNAP TurboNAS TS-431+ retails for $409 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The QNAP TurboNAS TS-431+ retails for £314 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [QNAP TS-431+ NAS Appliance]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Single Client Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mortal Kombat 11 to feature cross-play after initial launch
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Piranha Plant debuts 'February'
- Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch has 'geometry reductions' & more
- New Layers of Fear 2 trailer cruises the midnight seas
- How to redeem your Piranha Plant, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- Optimum Health Optimum Health is conjugated linoleic risky.
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Two Hat Is Changing the Landscape of Content Moderation With New Image Recognition Technology
- Top Executives Launch Blockchain-Powered Video Game Publishing Company
- Announcing Destiny Chaser's Global Launch!
- Dean Trotman Joins Sumo Digital as Commercial Director
- SmuggleCraft launches on Nintendo Switch 1/25