Inside the MasterCase 5
Starting off the interior shots, we first removed the bezel. The front is completely free and the entire thing can be rinsed to clean it, and along with the front I/O staying on the chassis, we can also see the one intake fan that the MasterCase 5 ships with, rather than the pair that the Pro 5 offers.
Inside of the chassis, we find that they have the wiring not only tended to in a trick wire track in the back, but it is also run through a grommet in the floor to keep it from moving about. Looking into the drive bays, we located the hardware box that has all sorts of goodies in it.
The MasterCase 5 offers a pair of 5.25" bays with tool-free locks on this side, and the use of screws needed on the back. The nice thing about these is that they can also be removed to allow for more radiator to be fitted in the front of the chassis.
Below the ODD bays we find only two 3.5" drive trays in this small cage. This cage can be adjusted to any position in the rack as well as being removable all together, again to allow for water cooling needs.
The top of the chassis offers one large rectangular hole in it. The metal plate, once removed, makes installing fans a breeze, but then cleaning the filter will require a lot of work after that. We will also show what the Pro 5 offers, but that comes later.
The motherboard tray offers a large access hole and room for ATX, Micro-ATX, or Mini-ITX motherboards with five wire management holes around it. Something to note though, there is a lack of wire tie points outside of the pair offered for the 8-pin lead.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the MasterCase 5]
- Page 5 [Inside the MasterCase 5 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [MasterCase Pro 5 Options]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analyst: Battlefront II in-game spend could break $100m
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series