Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the MasterCase 5 is sleek and simplistic. It has angled sides that run the entire length of the center steel mesh insert sporting a chromed Cooler Master logo near the bottom. As it makes its way to the top of the chassis, we find a stretched octagonal shape is made from all the angles coming together.
That octagonal section is also the front I/O panel where we find a tiny HDD activity LED, a pair of USB 3.0 ports to either side of the HD Audio jacks, and the reset button finishes the top row. The larger power button stands alone under all of that to make it easier to feel for.
Specifically to the MasterCase 5, the top of the chassis consists of two large metal handles covered with angled plastic, and between them is a thin metal removable fan plate. This can be removed with the screws seen on the sides both to ease fan installation as well as to access the dust filter there.
Again, specific to the MasterCase 5, this side of the chassis is a vast expanse of solid steel panel painted in black. If you opt for the Pro 5, this side offers a window, and you can always order a new windowed side panel if you still do not want to opt into the Pro 5 all together.
At the back, we see the rear I/O next to the fan location with adjustable mounting. Below, we find seven expansion slots, the last of which has a cord tender cover in it, and mesh next to is for some passive ventilation. The PSU is slid in from the back and has a PSU mounting bracket hanging in place now.
No matter which of the versions you opt to buy, the right side of the chassis is a solid expanse of black steel. Also, there is no need for bumps or funky things going on, as there is already 25mm of room behind this panel as it is.
Under the chassis, we find that the feet mimic the handles at the top as they cross from side to side and offer very solid footing, and to keep it in place, long skinny rubber pads are used on the outer edges. We also see the dust filter for the PSU that will slide out the back for cleaning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the MasterCase 5]
- Page 5 [Inside the MasterCase 5 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [MasterCase Pro 5 Options]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit