Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower Chassis
The front of the MasterCase 5 is sleek and simplistic. It has angled sides that run the entire length of the center steel mesh insert sporting a chromed Cooler Master logo near the bottom. As it makes its way to the top of the chassis, we find a stretched octagonal shape is made from all the angles coming together.
That octagonal section is also the front I/O panel where we find a tiny HDD activity LED, a pair of USB 3.0 ports to either side of the HD Audio jacks, and the reset button finishes the top row. The larger power button stands alone under all of that to make it easier to feel for.
Specifically to the MasterCase 5, the top of the chassis consists of two large metal handles covered with angled plastic, and between them is a thin metal removable fan plate. This can be removed with the screws seen on the sides both to ease fan installation as well as to access the dust filter there.
Again, specific to the MasterCase 5, this side of the chassis is a vast expanse of solid steel panel painted in black. If you opt for the Pro 5, this side offers a window, and you can always order a new windowed side panel if you still do not want to opt into the Pro 5 all together.
At the back, we see the rear I/O next to the fan location with adjustable mounting. Below, we find seven expansion slots, the last of which has a cord tender cover in it, and mesh next to is for some passive ventilation. The PSU is slid in from the back and has a PSU mounting bracket hanging in place now.
No matter which of the versions you opt to buy, the right side of the chassis is a solid expanse of black steel. Also, there is no need for bumps or funky things going on, as there is already 25mm of room behind this panel as it is.
Under the chassis, we find that the feet mimic the handles at the top as they cross from side to side and offer very solid footing, and to keep it in place, long skinny rubber pads are used on the outer edges. We also see the dust filter for the PSU that will slide out the back for cleaning.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Cooler Master MasterCase 5 Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the MasterCase 5]
- Page 5 [Inside the MasterCase 5 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [MasterCase Pro 5 Options]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends tease mother dragon & strange 'crypto laptop'
- Pokemon Detective Pikachu available to own next month
- ASTRAL CHAIN is just part 1 of a trilogy of games
- Microsoft hasn't buried Age of Mythology, will revisit soon
- Fans rally to restore dead YouTuber Etika's deleted channel
- Synology DS419 Slim Four-Bay NAS Review
- P8P67 Deluxe Problem
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- X399 AORUS Extreme - Threadripper 2990wx; memory issues
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Close to the Sun is Coming to Switch
- 'FACEIT to Host First Official 'Quake Pro League'
- Monster Prom's latest 'Startkicker' Update rewards its community just in time for summer!
- Outright Games Announces Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure
- Forgotton Anne Has Launched on iOS!