Circuit Analysis Continued
ASRock has upgraded the basic Realtek ALC1150 codec with two Texas Instruments NE5532 which supports up to 600 ohm impedance, and has added nine Nichicon Gold Series electrolytic audio capacitors. ASRock also has divided the audio signals from the rest of the motherboard to reduce noise interference with a physical PCB divide, but there are no back-side LEDs like I have seen on some other boards.
ASRock is using Intel's WGI219V Intel 1GBit NIC which was recently released. An IDT 6V41542NGL is used for the CPU's OC BLCK which is separate from the PCI-E/DMI bus frequency.
For USB 3.1 support on the front panel USB 3.1 bay, ASRock is using an ASMedia ASM1142 for the actual PCI-E to USB 3.1 conversion and an EtronTech EJ179v which supports external power source logic control and up to 15W (5v@3A) of output power to USB 3.1 type-C devices.
The same ICs used for the front panel USB 3.1 bay are used for the back panel IO USB 3.1 ports. The ASM1142 is the USB 3.1 controller and the EJ179V is the type-C switch.
The nuvoTon NCT6791D provides SuperIO functionality such as temperature, voltage, and fan monitoring and control as well as the PS/2 port on the backpanel. To support each fan header and provide all of them with PWM support, ASRock is using a single nuvoTon NCT3943S for each header.
To get DVI/HDMI out of the Skylake iGP, ASRock uses an ASMedia ASM1442K digital video to HDMI/DVI level shifter. Texas Instruments HD3SS3415A (PCI-E 3.0 quick switch) switches bandwidth between the M.2 slot and the two SATA ports (single SATA Express) discussed earlier. Four TI HD3SS3415A switch 8x of bandwidth between the first and second PCI-E 16x slots for SLI/CrossFireX.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Z170 Extreme4 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z170 Extreme4 retails for $183 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z170 Extreme4 retails for £131 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the Z170 Extreme4/Extreme4+]
- Page 3 [Z170 Extreme4/Extreme4+ Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Z170 Extreme4/Extreme4+ Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit